Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best Looks for the Workplace: Do's and Don'ts of Make-up!

The essence and purpose of makeup is to present your best self.  There has been a lot of debate as to where the line exists between not enough make-up and too much make-up. I would add to that confusion by saying: it depends on the individual!  I found some great tips from womeninbusiness.about.com, but before presenting them I want to tell you all: keep it natural, elegant, and be confident!

  • If the first thing people notice about you is your makeup- you are probably wearing too much or the wrong colors.
  • Too much makeup can make you look gaudy, older, and like you are on the prowl.  Send the right message to others by keeping makeup light and fresh.  Heavy makeup under office lighting does not do any woman justice, in fact, if your office has fluorescent lighting any makeup you wear will appear heavier than it would under incandescent lighting.
  • Dark colored, bright red, and heavy lipstick is fine for evening events but keep lipstick colors pale and sheer for the office.
Like the tips say, wearing too much or too colorful makeup can communicate all sorts of messages that you don't want to be sending: not confident, too gaudy, too self-absorbed, or, my favorite: "on the prowl."  So I stick with my message: the more yourself you are, the more people will respect you!  I've attached some pictures, I hope they help!  Comment if you have questions!! (I'm not a makeup professional, but I have makeup artist friends!)



No comments:

Post a Comment